Monday, May 19, 2014

Review: When I'm with You by Cecilia Gray

When I’m With You (The Jane Austen Academy Series, #3)
Title: When I'm with You
Author: Cecilia Gray
Publisher: Gray Life, LLC
Series: The Jane Austen Academy Series #3
Link: Goodreads
Kat is destined to be a star and her big break has arrived at last! As the assistant to a celebrity classmate on the set of a feature film, she's going to show everyone she has what it takes. That is, until she discovers pursuing her dreams may mean forfeiting her heart. Unless she can find a way to have both...The last thing that the girls at the elite Jane Austen Academy need is guys. But over the summer the school has been sold, and like it or not, the guys are coming. And they're about to turn the Academy—and the lives of its students—totally upside down...

Dive into the fabulous, fun lives of six Academy girls as their friendships are tested, torn and ultimately triumph.

I got a free copy of this book via Netgalley for an honest review.



My Review

4/5 stars
Cute. Adorable. Genius. Amazing. I'm running out of synonyms. The book was just wonderful!

Can I just say that Cecilia Gray is a genius for writing this magnificent book? I thought making Kat an actress was definitely the right angle for retelling Northanger Abbey by Jane Austen.

Henry? Kat's Love interest? Well, Hellooooo new book boyfriend! *waves*

I loved every minute of this book. I would say I couldn't put it down, but I had to put it down at those wonderfully intense parts to catch my breath for a second or so.

Kat wants to be a star someday, so she's thrilled when Josh Wickham (movie star/hottie) invites her to be his personal assistant while he's shooting a movie. While she's there, she gets closer to some interesting (and famous) people, including Henry Tilney.

Some of my non-spoilery thoughts on Josh Wickham while reading:
1. I hate Josh
2. I love Josh
3. Does Josh ever get a happy ending?
4. I feel bad for Josh
5. I hate Josh
6. I love Josh

That's how much the book played with my emotions. I loved it! :D

What I liked: Everything!

What I disliked: I disliked that the book wasn't longer. I also hated that I didn't get to see the rest of our heroines: Lizzie, Eleanor, Anne and Emma. Yes, guys, I actually missed Emma in this book. I didn't miss her half as much as I missed the others, but I still missed her :)

Oh, I missed the other guys too, but Henry kept me fully entertained.
I'm trying to do this review without fangirling all over the place, but I'm not succeeding, so allow me to conclude.

If you've read Northanger Abbey by Jane Austen, you'll appreciate the creative spin the author placed on the story. If you haven't read the book and you need a cute, light-hearted book, definitely pick up this one! Warning: The epilogue at the end will make you super anxious for the next book in the series.

I'm going to hurry up and read Mansfield Park by Jane Austen. It's the only novel by Jane Austen that I haven't read so far, and the next book in this series will be a retelling of Mansfield Park. I'm super excited! I loved this book!



No comments:

Post a Comment

I love receiving your comments! I will always read them, promise! :D I want to hear what you think.

You Might Also Like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...