Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Liebster Award!

The Liebster Award is rewarded to up and coming blogs that currently have less than 200 followers. It's all about getting to know different bloggers.The German word Liebster, translates into English: Sweetest. I didn't know what this was up to a week ago, but I think it's pretty interesting. It's kind of like we're giving each other blogger  interviews, and that's pretty awesome! Thank you so much to Olivia over at Fictionally Obsessed for nominating me! Yay!!! :D

The Rules
1. Link back to the person who nominated you

2.  Answer the 10 Liebster questions given to you by the nominee    before you.

3. List 11 facts about yourself.

4. Pick 10 bloggers to be nominated for the award with fewer than 200 followers.

5. Create 10 questions for your nominees to answer.

6. Go notify your nominees on their blogs.

11 Facts about Me
1. I was born in Jamaica
2. The only food item I love more than potatoes is chocolate. I LOVE chocolate!
3. My favorite color is purple
4. Sometimes I get really weird amnesia
5. I am a total nerd
6. I'm extremely introverted
7. I get anxious about EVERYTHING
8. I rather text someone than call them
9. I DESPISE love triangles
10. I'm vegetarian! :)
11. I read really fast, so sometimes when my teachers in middle school gave us a packet to read for the whole class period (because they were too lazy to plan anything fun or stimulating), I would make them angry by finishing extra early and then they had to rattle their brains to find something for me to do. Haha! 

My Answers
1. Who's your favourite fictional character? 
This is a totally unfair question :P There are so many! If I had to choose just one I would say Emperor Kai from Marissa Meyer's series, The Lunar Chronicles. He's the best! :D

2. If you won $1000 but had to spend it all in one day, what would you spend it on and why?
In a bookstore. I promise you that the money would disappear in a few seconds. 


3. If you could live anywhere else in the world, where would it be and why?
I don't know. I feel as if I'd like to travel to Paris one day, but I don't know if I would live there. I think I'm pretty content with living in the US for now. 

4. Do you like...chocolate or cookies?
I like chocolate cookies.....why can't I have both?

5. What's your daily schedule like?
*sigh* Get up in the morning, get ready for school, go to school, do schoolwork, come home, do homework, blog, do some more homework, browse the internet, more homework, and then bedtime. 

6. What format do you like your books in?
I prefer physical copies, but I don't mind a good ebook every now and then. I have a kindle, so my favorite ebook format is mobi.

7. List 3 must read books that everyone should read!
Cinder by Marissa Meyer, Jellicoe Road by Melina Marchetta, and Where Things Come Back by John Corey Whaley. 

8. Why did you name your blog the name it currently has?
I named my blog Something To Browse because my blog is basically something to browse. Haha! I actually didn't mean for my blog to turn into a book blog, but I would mostly post about books anyway, so it sort of evolved into one. I love the name Something To Browse because it relates to both browsing the internet, browsing through a book, and browsing the library. I also mentally call all my followers, my browsers. Lol! I'm a dork :P

9. What authors have you met before?
It's strange, but I don't really remember most of them. Whoops! (see #4 in 10 Facts about me) The only ones I remember are David Levithan and Charles Benoit. Charles Benoit was the best! :D He was super funny!

10. Favourite kind of candy?
I'm good with anything chocolate!

Nominees

Beneath The Jacket
Monique's Mo Books
Turning The Pagesx
Hot Tea And A Good Book
A Perfection Called Books
Tales Between The Pages
The Bookish Owl
Inkk Reviews
The Girl Meets Books
Chelsea Reading Adventures


Questions for Nominees
1) Who is your favorite author?
2) Are you an introvert, extrovert, or ambivert?
3) How many books do you have in your TBR pile?
4) Why did you decide to become a book blogger?
5) Besides reading and blogging, what are some of your favorite things to do in your spare time?
6) If you could choose a fictional character to be your best friend, who would you choose, and why?
7) Do you play any type of sports? If so, which ones?
8) Are there any books that you regret reading?
9) What's your favorite type of food?
10) This is my favorite question to ask. Out of all the books you've ever read, what three books would you most recommend?

7 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for thinking of me, darlin' =D unfortunately, life is crazy hectic right now so I wouldn't have time to do a proper post. So I must decline =(. I will make sure I give you a shout out on my Mo_Books news post at the end of the month though ♥
    I enjoyed learning some new things about you. I'm also a huge Marissa Meyer fan.
    Monique @Mo_Books

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's no problem! :) Marissa Meyer is amazing! <3

      Delete
  2. I love your answers Monique! They're so funny :D I also forgot to mention that I love potatoes too! *high five* And I can't believe you met David Leviathan... :-o

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol! Thank you! Potatoes are awesome! Yep! I didn't know he was popular back then. I read Nick and Norah's playlist, and I thought it was ok, but apparently he's really popular. Charles Benoit was the best author I've ever met though. He's super funny! :)

      Delete
  3. Aww, thanks for nominating me! I'm drafting the post as I type this!

    Love your answer for #2 and CHOCOOOOOLAAAATEEEEE

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Kayla! You're Welcome! PS. Chocolate forever!!!!! :D

      Delete
  4. Hi Monique! Thank you so much for the nomation. I finally was able to do my Liebster Award post and it's HERE if you have time to check it out! :)

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving your comments! I will always read them, promise! :D I want to hear what you think.

You Might Also Like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...